Sunday, May 13, 2007

cd release show: friday june 1 @ sam bond's in eugene


I'm really liking this Office Mac program I got...fixed up a letterhead and watermark for Daily Records and stuff like that.

I'm spinning Loose Fur Born Again in the USA and Doug Martsch's solo album Now You Know. It is like a Built to Spill take on Fred McDowell and John Fahey.
I also got out Billy Childish Crimes Against Music double LP. My housemate got a kitten last year so I put all my records away in the event of feline pee wars. I am slowly pulling out different records and putting them in clear sleeves that I bought online....That Big Boys Wreck Collection is so bad-ass.

It is cool and overcast again today. It's depressing. It just goes on and on and on.

I finished The Secret, a popular motivational book, learned alot from it. Now I'm reading The Gnostic Gospels by Elaine Pagels, a really fascinating book about unorthodox texts and sects that were excluded from the compilation of the New Testament. Mystical, weird, androgynous, feminine, masculine. Not the kind of stuff that serves ossified mind control or centralized power structures. I learned that Christianity was much more diverse in the beginning than it is now.

I saw Pan's Labyrinth yesterday--whoah!
Post a Comment