Friday, June 8, 2007

For Reals


The wrecking crew is dismantling the old Market of Choice next to my house. This AM the sound of sheet metal thunder.

Here is a fine version of Death's Head Bar from a KBOO on-air show I did with The For Reals in 2003, posted on the site along with a couple other Tascam newbies. Sean Flora hosted and engineered for his live-in-the-studio show Station to Station.

The For Reals album Wash Away the Cheer is still one of my favorites. Like J Masic singing Flaming Lips songs with The Police. You better get it! Norm Buccola, besides being an Engineer Without Borders, is a genius.

I thoroughly enjoyed an Aussie comedy called Danny Deckchair & Hotel Rwanda, as well.
I'm on the last disk of The Wire. I'm also reading an extremely clear, positive, down-to-earth book called Do What You Love and the Money Will Follow by Marsha Sinetar. The Kite Runner is on deck.
Post a Comment