Thursday, September 13, 2007

Silos and Tabbies

Is there anything as cool as making your first tuna salad sandwich and rolling an old Silos tape in a new house? Whew. Living out of boxes isn't so hot. Enameling old furniture: great. Bass cabinet in the kitchen: par for the course. Ozark Mountain Daredevils on B side of TDK SA-90: priceless. (Larry Lee pins Bread to the mat when he takes his two soft-rock turns per album.) Strange: one orange tabby (mine) wants out. Another orange tabby named Franklin, abandoned here this Spring, wants in. I cuss it, then I feed it. Rumors from the 'hood that Franklin is a bully needing some limits set. Softy central. I wish I could get a foster pet-parent vet bill stipend.

The new Bad Brains kicks ass. You cross your fingers with these things but this one combines ROIR-tape trebly speed-core w/ I Against I chunka-chunka slam bam. HR can still holler and murmur in the same phrase.

I'm really enjoying The Memory of Running by Ron McLarty.
Post a Comment