Friday, May 23, 2008

I am heading up this evening Bellingham way, for a gig at the Green Frog...then to Astoria on Sunday for a gig at the Fort George Brewery. Did not occur to me in the booking world, months ago, that this is the holiday weekend. Whatever the case, I am popping the bench out of Joe Rudi (the van) and doing the road konk in there, what with gas being 85.00 a tank. Will see old hometown friends Amy Carder, her hub, and her bro David, in Bellingham tomorrow p.m. Playing solo shows is always a cool change of pace.

It's cold again, back to that old average weather: 52 and overcast. I'm listening to the Dead before work....reading Facing the Dragon: Confronting Personal and Spiritual Grandiosity by Robert Moore.

Watched The Getaway w/ Steve McQueen, directed by Peckinpaugh, this weekend. He is an interesting actor because there is some kind of sensitivity or spaciousness in the way he sees--or rather, in his eyes; some kind of calm translucence that makes the existential action all the more of a fantasy. I'm kind of more in John Lovitz/Gary Shandling mood myself.
Post a Comment