Saturday, March 7, 2009

This was a busy week...this is a vid of Come Gather Round Us taken by Ed Cole at the house concert Tracy and I put on Wednesday. Quite a success, I'd say, with kids running around, dogs chewing on tennis balls at the feet of masterly musicians...good music, a full house, everyone in bed by midnight.

Last night I did a two-fer, with a solo show @ The Wandering Goat w/ Blast Wagon. Max was super flu-y but fronted his band real good. I enjoyed test-running new songs, getting back in the swing of solo shows. Then on to Luckey's for a trombone gig with Testface. Dave had his new Dean Explorer and a giant Testface band: Brian and James on drums, Dorrie on bass, Jake on guitar. It was great.

Between those two nights a crew of characters (Charlie on bass, Jivan on drums, Scotty on trumpet, me on guitar) convened at Jivan's warehouse to rehearse with Pete Wilde on a song that's gonna be on the next Daily Records release, a split 7" with a song of mine. Never done the vinyl thing so it's gonna be wall-to-wall edu-tainment, oldtime style. I rely on the spirit of Bob Newhart for inspiration and can-do ingenuity.

Post a Comment