Thursday, April 23, 2009



This record's out again--dang it's good, as classic of its genre, straight outta Indiana. That kind of anger has a limited appeal as you get older--it's more like caffeine and less of a central feeling-- but the innovation of hardcore guitar, the speed, the energy--it's just so great. I've also been grooving on The Go-Betweens's Oceans Apart, The Everly Brothers, the acoustic Arthur Russell double LP, I forget what it's called. And the Tom Petty "Runnin' Down a Dream" dvd was great, inspiring on alot of levels. I just finished Before The Frost, the first Kurt and Linda Wallander novel from Henning Mankell. I'm not sure what book to read next. I'm in one of those moods where I'm just gonna let it find me.

I had a fun jam last night w/ Jason and Ed, at Big Timbre. Lots of new songs are coming along, and I'm in more of an enjoyable groove than I've been in for a long while.

The Royals have been great on some levels and totally frustrating...close games with at least four major bullpen wipeouts. My simplistic answer is to put Soria in for two innings if the game is close. I don't remember set-up men being a statistical requirement the way they are now. By the 8th inning, The Quiz would come in and put it away. I feel kind of bad about using "Farnsworth" as a verb, as in "oh man, the cat Farnsworthed a hairball on the linoleum last night."
Post a Comment