Sunday, June 20, 2021

KAW RIVER GREEN ROOM






The Squids played a fun show last night in Lawrence at Gaslight Gardens--never played in Lawrence before and it was a good time.  So many formative memories there--seeing bands at The Outhouse--huge for me, Matt, and Steve.  All that nostalgia aside, it was a good night with good people.


I took a walk beforehand, along the levy that runs along the Kaw.  It was dusk, and a peaceful time to be out there.  Best green room ever. Later, folks connected with the songs and the lyrics and it was a cozy scene.  I was designated driver.  We listened to Sonic Youth Sister on the way home.

I also took a picture of a Ganesh figurine for my pal Joey--I always send them his way when I come across one.

The blog has felt a little cursory lately, kinda wingin' it.  It's easy for social media streams to take over but I still like the idea of a destination site free of comments, competition, stats, etc.  I've been watching tutorials on branding and social media and so forth.  It is fascinating.  "Brand" makes me ulpy, fascinated, and inspired all at the same time.