Tuesday, November 13, 2012

JUST WOKE UP: VOLUME TWO


Just Woke Up: Volume 2
Just Woke Up: Volume 1

Here's Volume Two of Just Woke Up, an audio podcast featuring music I dig, plus experiments with Garage Band sound effects in service of professional FM radio voice-overs.  Frogs and rain and so forth.

Guided By Voices: Keep It In Motion
Stew: Love Like That
Carbon Silicon: The Magic Suitcase
Dinosaur Jr: Almost Ready
John Doe: Little Tiger

The Soft Boys: I Love Lucy
The Underlings: Rock  Deductions
Tommy Keene: Compromise
Redd Kross: Stay Away From Downtown
You Am I: It Ain't Funny How We Don't Talk Anymore

Mates of State: Basement Money
Marnie Stern: Put All Your Eggs In One Basket
Meat Puppets: Bad Love (Live at University of Santa Barbara 2/6/88)
Muddy Waters: I Just Want To Make Love To You
Paul Westerberg: Gimme Little Joy

The Pedal Jets: Giants of May
Bob Mould: Keep Believing
Volcano Suns: Truth Is Stranger Than Fishing
Excerpt From The Bitter Lemons of Cypress, by Lawrence Durrell

***
Once Upon A Time In Anatolia might be one of the slowest-paced films I've seen, and I liked it alot.  I'm trying to think of another film where the landscape is a main character--maybe Dersu Uzula.  A best supporting actor nomination goes to the wild apple that rolls down a ravine into a creekbed.  That was an amazing shot.