Friday, March 29, 2013

GIGs WITH EAGLES OF FREEDOM (4/5) AND MY OH MY'S (4/6)

On my list of fun things put off for way too long, I finally downloaded Gimp, an open-source graphic design software program.  Now I can get off the internet and have fun making stuff!  Might even learn to skateboard.  Also made some killer lentils tonight.  Here's my first attempt at making fliers on something other than a copy machine.  

I played with Eagles of Freedom last weekend in Portland.  They are Norman Buccola on accordian, Jeff Baxter on banjo, and their buddy Simon on suitcase kickdrum and percussion.  They are all veterans of different kinds of bands; this is their go-to-hell-without-combing-your-hair Americana jamz.

The following night (4/6) I'll be with The Golden Motors at Luckey's in Eugene, playing with The My Oh My's and Matty McDonald.  Event info here.