Monday, September 25, 2017

FILMSTRUCK TRIAL PERIOD

I signed up for FilmStruck's two week trial, so far, so good.  After finishing out a 50 hour work week I came home to load up for our show, and then get some rest, so I put on Richard Hell's appreciation of Jean Luc Godard. Richard Hell should introduce all movies and TV shows, like the lion who roars at the beginning of MGM movies, or Alistair Cooke.

Over the weekend I watched Week-End and Shirley Clarke's Ornette: Made In America documentary, and Tracy and I enjoyed Something WildWeek-End and Something Wild make for an interesting contextual blend.

Surfing around all the curated batches of classic arthouse and foreign films, I felt like a kid in a candy store.  I do think The interface could be improved and brought up to a level of functionality matching Netflix or Amazon but that's not a big deal for me.