Saturday, October 21, 2017

SWEET POTATO PESSIMISM DISPROVED & GIALLO #FILMSTRUCK NIGHT



I didn't think we'd grow much in the way of sweet potatoes, planted in a shallow bed with soil that wasn't real sandy or loose, but these orange spuds are off the friggin' wall.  

Last night, I roasted some with poblano peppers (also homegrown) and onions and pureed with some smoked jalapenos I've been keeping for just such a special occasion.  It has been a great year for peppers and now it is a great year for sweet potatoes.  I added some half and half and chili powder and it was blammo good with roast chicken.



I also watched A Bay of Blood on Filmstruck by Mario Bava.  They are featuring him this month for Halloween.  Loved this stylish, campy, painterly giallo film, which is an antecedent to Friday The 13th but so much better.  Filmstruck is rad.