Sunday, February 16, 2020

AN EXCELLENT NIGHT


The Pedaljets (photo by Jeff Savoie) 

(Photo by Rod Peal)

We had a particularly fun show last night at Minibar supporting The Pedaljets on the release of their new album ”twist the lens”. (Check out the new video for their song “Downtown” if you like GBV and Tommy Keene and stuff like that!)

I’ve never worn a full suit and tie for a gig before, or I should say a rock ‘n’ roll gig, because I did wear a tux many times for orchestral trombone gigs and concerts. People were asking me why and it was partly to be squirrelly and do something different and it felt good if not sweaty.  I had also been to the memorial of a friend from work earlier in the day, and decided to stay classed up in honor of him. I put the program from the memorial on top of my amp and played real hard for Tony, who struggled for so long with mental health issues. He was a good man and one funny mofo, beloved by a HUGE community.