Thursday, February 27, 2020

RAMEN EXCURSION



I picked up Tracy at the airport last night at 11, so I am a zombie this morning. Two hours short on sleep. I may put the orange juice in my cereal if I’m not careful.

I tried a new lunch spot yesterday, a ramen joint off of 119th called Aoyama. It was really good. The bone broth was rich and I got a spicy Ramen with two perfect seasoned eggs. I am not 100% into eating meat these days so it felt decadent, but it was good. The people running the place were young and energetic and getting orders out fast. It was rock and roll time at noon on a weekday.

The space was a little half storefront with broken sightlines to the main drag. The anywhere-USA vibe of 119th is pretty dull, so it was magic to go into this place with opaque film on the windows to find a cozy fragrant positive space where they serve this amazing traditional food. 

Like a magic carpet ride over my lunch break, then back out to the strip and back to work.

[thank you coloringcrew.com for the rad ramen outline.]



 🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜