Wednesday, January 19, 2011




Another fun flier by Mr. Dave Snider! Thanks Dave!

More drum practice last night: Volcano Suns "All Night Lotus Party" and Young Fresh Fellows "I Think This Is." I'm learning some basic stuff about drumming. Chuck Taylors are good drumming shoes; slippers are not. Clark's are great for Amsterdam rambles, but chunky behind the kit; that awkward Frankenstein kick, devastating in its Tom Dempsey-esque power, won't serve the song if it is not in time. (And that's a bad mixed metaphor!) Tevas just don't cut it. This isn't a jam band cruise.

Here is a link to The Golden Motors page at Reverb Nation, which features a rough mix of "Pink Pansies" from the new album. It's all stored on a shiny new external drive for mixing.

Sushi happy hour at Mio Sushi is fun, over at Oakway. The conveyor belt service is rad. Then you can go to the Old Navy close-out rack for five dollar shirts.

This is some of my favorite book jacket art, for the Inspector Montalbano series by Andrea Camilleri. I'd like to think I don't judge books by their covers, but I do. And I love these books.



Consolidated demos and such: