Saturday, April 12, 2014

TOURING AFRICA BY GOODREADS - UPDATE

Half of a Yellow Sun African Roar 2013 To the Moon and Timbuktu: A Trek through the Heart of Africa Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away The Tuner of Silences Cutting for Stone What Is the What The Book of Secrets Paradise Maps The Yacoubian Building The Seven Veils of Seth: A Modern Arabic Novel from Libya Children of the New World

I'm continuing my armchair traveller's project to read a book set in every country in Africa.  It's a fun project and continues to teach me about geography, religion, history, and the diversity of a continent that I had almost a grade-school level awareness of, far too far into adulthood. 

The reading mission has turned into an actual travel bug.

Part of each read, for me, is to try to pick up on some new music.  In the case of Half of a Yellow Sun, the great Nigerian highlife singer, Rex Lawson.