Tuesday, March 20, 2018

FINAL DAY IN AUSTIN

LOS WILDS

BAYWAVES


Add caption

My final day in Austin (Sunday) was super fun, catching a couple of Madrid bands that were the highlight of the weekend music, for me.  Los Wilds are a skinny-jeaned 5-headed organism spreading the gospel of sexy crazy garage rock all over your brain pan, and Baywaves are groovy Euro-dreampop with a bass player who moves like one of those whacky waving inflateable signs you see in front of the auto dealership.  (I think he could also take over bass duties for Yes, if they need him).  Both just delightful.  

I also saw a turtle family walking along the lake with Graham.


Driving 11 hours on my birthday was not totally ideal but it started with another round of cactus breakfast tacos, was a nice day, and Alex bought me a new lid at a Texas truckstop.

I spend some time answering Facebook birthday wishes this morning, always fun.