Saturday, July 14, 2018

HOT SUN AND NEW BANDS


I walked to The Plaza last night at around 6:30 to meet Fritters and Rick at Jack Stack, wearing my go-to-hell sun hat.  It was HOT.  So hot it made me wonder who is studying and planning how to profit from climate change, and what party they donate to.

 


I asked one of the engineers at work what he was listening to these days and he alerted me to Fullbloods, a KC band that is doing really well. I gave it a spin and countered with an Aztec Camera High Land, Hard Rain referral and a soupcon of Chris Bell. I like Fullbloods--spare, smart, summery pop that reminded me of Beach Fossils a little bit, but with something slinkier at times, an expert soft-rock groove by people who can really play.

I enjoy these music conversations with the younger folks and try to listen, not spew forth my nerddom in response.  But I typically do.  That is what nerds do.