Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hooray for taxes



Here's a good example of why taxes are okay--a nice public track near my house where some of the time they leave the lights on til 8:00. The surface is made of recycled tires and the field has artificial turf. This would be nerf football central for me if I were nine and hanging out with Fritz, Davis, Bobby, and Gary. At almost 42, I ramped up my laps too fast (without enough recovery time) and got really sore knees, so I scaled it back last night after four days off. When I ran almost three miles last week, my smartphone told me I had burned off seven apples, but I am back in the three carrot zone until knees give further notice.

This book is a great read, especially if you like adventure/exploration stories. Following up The Beach with this seems like a good move.