Saturday, September 10, 2016

SQUIDSkc/PEDALJETS/CHER UK SHOW * AND A MORNING DRAWING

SquidsKC are on a great bill with Pedaljets and Cher UK at Record Bar on Friday 10/21. This show is going to bring the rock! 


The morning routine consists of feeding the dogs, remembering to GRIND the coffee beans and not just throw them in the filter; then reading some poems while the shower heats up, then doing a few minutes of drawing to drift away from whatever poems I've just read (this week it is David Ray's translation, After Tagore). Then write a poem in a few minutes with as little thought as possible, type it up, stick it in paper and electronic folders and forget about it; go manage subcontract for 9 hours.  It's about a half-hour morning ritual.

This drawing took about three weeks, a little at a time. I'd like to see it blowed up to 48" height and printed on 13 oz scrim banner material, or backlit in a light box. That would be spendy.

It's hard to get musical between 5:30 and 6:30 AM because that gets me wired, I lose track of time very easily, and it's hard to come down from it, so I do that at night.  The main development lately is to take good care of whatever output I manage because the absent-minded professor routine doesn't work.  Printing, filing, organizing, being my own secretary.