Sunday, March 25, 2018

A HAPPENING SATURDAY


We walked down to Theis Park yesterday and participated in the rally.  It was an inspiring, energized event on a blustery cold Spring day. The kids have done great, organizing what weary adults have yet to do.  I hope that our elected officials listen and take steps, in a non-partisan way.  For more information on advocacy and action plans, you can go to Everytown for Gun Safety.


 We also celebrated my birthday a few days late with a trip to The Vinyl Underground, Screenland Armour, and The Bier Station.  I picked up a special order of the Ghostpoet record which I discovered on a Mojo sampler, and love.  We saw Thoroughbreds--an eerie, compelling, disturbing, and somehow really human movie--at my favorite theatre.  

And then...settled in to read, like old people, on a Saturday night.  I covered Berlin, Sally Can't Dance, Rock and Roll Animal, Metal Machine Music and Coney Island Baby in Anthony DeCurtis' biography of Lou Reed.