Sunday, July 22, 2018

BENEVOLENT OUIJI-SCRABBLE (HI MOM)




     Our pal Logan is up for the weekend and we pulled out Mom's deluxe rotating scrabble board for the first time.  I remarked that it was one of the few material things of hers I wanted because it is such a family totem.  My first batch of letters got me to souvenir.  I don't know if I've ever played all my letters in Scrabble, let alone on the first play, with the word describing the board itself.  


We have what we think is a house finch nesting in on our hanging ferns on the porch.  I had noticed it flying off whenever I left the house, but didn't put two and two together.  It looked finch-y to me but had a warm orangey-brown around it's breast and throat rather than yellow.  Tracy got this picture of the nest yesterday.

*** 


This Natalie Prass record is numero uno in Mojo's reviews this month--I gave it some spins. It is a beautifully detailed 70's soul-influenced pop record. It gets weird, too. You could run this alongside Janelle Monae's equally smart and creative new record at a dance party and it would be a great dance party, or your dance party has zombies at it.