Sunday, August 16, 2020

GONE FISHIN 3





 
I really enjoyed fishing these last three days, even though it was amateur hour bank fishing and I was losing set ups and leaders right and left. I caught one last night, a little 7 inch or 8 inch rainbow trout I think. 

I put him or her back after removing the hook, which I hadn’t done in like 30 years. I also hooked one this morning, but it broke the leader after breaking the surface with a big flop out there in the low fog.

When I came home I inventoried two random poles in the basement. One needs a reel,  it’s a heavier 7 foot rod, 10 to 12 pound. One is kind of medium all-purpose, it has a reel, and good for up to 4 to 10 pound test or thereabouts.

On the way back we listen to Design Matters and also a podcast called You Don’t Know Mojack. These guys survey each and every SST catalog release,  one per episode. The one we listened to was Out My Way by The Meat Puppets.