Friday, November 27, 2020

100 DAY POSTCARD CHALLENGE, DAY 98: JEFF IN BERLIN


I met my friend Jeff at a Numero Group pop-up event at miniBAR a few years back. I was looking at some records by The Scientists and he spoke up and said “they’re really good!!!!” Jeff quite often EDUCATES punk rock and roll fans with posts from his basement den, because by god this stuff matters. We chatted and I thought he was remarkably friendly and cool and we might’ve had that same record shopping experience in the 80s or 90s or oughts, had we run into each other. A little while later I met him at my neighbor Frank’s house and it turned out Jeff is the singer of Big Iron. We ended up playing a gig together at The Brick and they really blew me away. He is also the owner of Eclipse Roofing and literally put the roof over my head as I write this. He is a family-first guy with a band that will smoke your ears off.

It seems wrong and weird that I would deface Jeff in this promotional postcard for his edgy art show in Berlin (complimentary sauerbraten at official opening) because he is such a good guy and I am so happy to know him!!