Saturday, January 2, 2021

OH HELLO 2021!

OH HELLO 2021


Oh hello 2021, nice to meet you,

I have forgotten about last year already,

some things happened and a lot was talked about--

some really lucky people complained 

and some really unlucky people didn’t complain

and that is how it often is

and I don’t want to be upset about anything,

I just want to do--and do better--

so I’ll just say hello for now,

that year--whatever it was--

is done. Let's go.


***




Starburst Cross Pattern mask at my Redbubble shop.


***


I am grateful that this was a lucky year in so many ways for me and my partner and our family and our friends.  


I channeled a lot of energy into creative pursuits, including a daily blog post starting on 12/23 of 2019 (I think?).  I missed one day due to camping brain fry in the middle of summer.  


I posted art for postcard layouts for 100 days. I posted haiku for Haiku Rock City, a 21-day side project. I started a Redubble print-on-demand shop and enjoyed the support of friends who bought journals, stickers, cards, masks, and t-shirts. All in all I let it rip--why not? Marketing isn't my strong suit but I kept my powder dry and learned a lot.


Early on, the Squids released We Live In A World That Is Out Of This World--right before all the clubs in the world closed down and none of us could play live, locally or otherwise. So I finished songs, wrote new songs, and The Squids practiced (socially distanced) regularly. We put together a live album and livestream show of about 14 NEW songs, called Serve Without Delay. That title is kind of painful because the mixes have been done for a month and we haven't figured out how to release it yet...onward!