Thursday, March 18, 2021

BLOG MIGRATION MEDITATION



After years of having my site on Blogger I'm thinking about moving over to Squarespace for a different presentation and some more bells and whistles.  All of their templates look really great but will my content look great or will it look like MY goofy content marooned on a great template?  

Just to look under the hood a little bit I was puzzling over what my blog might be trying to offer:

small, consistent, daily creative effort as part of a pretty normal life

inspiration

music/shows/merch/storefront

a creative online destination you can count own every day 

personal verite (whatever that is)

links, to sell and monetize (Bandcamp etc)

process

love, teaching, humor

increasingly, a platform for others, not just moi

keeping my powder dry, right in the public eye

practicing on stage

spontaneity/first-thought best-thought/beginner's mind/stupid sh*t!

rock and roll

cool records I just bought