Sunday, July 17, 2011

Long Slow Run Ipod Playlist

This one was weird because when I started it was misty and kind of cold, sort of Scottish summer, but halfway through, the sun came out, steam began rising from the artificial turf on the field, and suddenly I was in Savannah, Georgia wishing I had a sun hat.


Neil Diamond: Create Me
John Lennon: Well Well Well
John Doe: Repeat Performance
J.J. Johnson: Bee Jay
Eddie Money: Baby Hold On
Zero Boys: Bloods Good
The National: Conversation 16
Fucked Up: For My Friends
Redd Kross: Self Respect
Grateful Dead: Looks Like Rain (11/5/77)
Tommy Keene: Turning On Blue
J. Mascis: Make It Alright
Alex De Grassi: Luther's Lullaby
Fucked Up: Days of Last
Marnie Stern: Grapefruit
Kid Cudi: The End
Cocteau Twins and Harold Budd: Ooze Out and Away, Onehow
Kid Cudi: REVOFEV

The only Marnie Stern album I have is "In Advance of the Broken Arm." There's nothing really like it...I mean, in my limited view of metal math rock art skronk hammer-on indie good time music. It's the little pop melodies that emerge from the shred that make it a wild kind of music.



Today I am heading up to Nettleingham Audio in Vancouver to have the Golden Motors project mastered. Huzzah.