Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pellet Gun: Great Divide

Last night I hit the town old man style, after a two-hour nap between 9:30 and 11:30.  Apologies to Psyrop and Yeltsin for being in REM sleep mode while they jammed, but I made it just in time for the Pellet Gun set on the occasion of their album release.  I could have been pulled over for driving middle-aged, just after having woke up.  (One constant in me life has been that I get teased for driving slow.)  Buy the album at Jealous Butcher Records.  It is progressive/aggressive indie rock with big caverns of fuzz and quartz-scratched poetry on the walls of our collective guitar, bass, and drum cave.   300 copies, limited edition, green vinyl.  The Mp3 download comes with the first album, which was released ten years ago.  These gentlemen, my big brothers who taught me so much playing music and put up with me learning, have fought alot of whoolly mammoths and ice dam breaks since then.  There has always been a nice sharpened-stick, feral, cave-battle quality about Pellet Gun, even though they are all three the nicest guys you could know.