Sunday, October 25, 2020

100 DAY POSTCARD CHALLENGE, DAY 65: BRIGHT BLINDS & LAND SPEED FRAMPTON


 



I made a point of picking up the new Young Fresh Fellows for Record Store Day yesterday.  I've found some good stuff this year--I always keep a Spotify list of my year's favorites, old or new.


I haven't had many outings in the last three weeks, spending my time in the barrel with Covid-19.  I was lucky to have mild symptoms: fatigue, loss of taste and smell, headache, unpleasant gut like a MAGA rally in my GI, and more fatigue.  A day of work-from-home plus a short dog walk would knock me out by 7:00.  A lap around Loose Park or a trip to The Vinyl Underground in the last few days counts as Big Doin's.  

Speaking of big doin's, Squids will be recording a live album on 11/13 at recordBAR with a limited audience.  All but a handful of the songs will be new as we forego the sherpa-climb of traditional studio tracking for a Land Speed Frampton approach to new material.  Here's the link to buy tickets.  

This is actually recordBAR's first proper indoor show, limited to 50 folks with social distancing measures in place.

Set List:

I Wanna Be You (* Ed Cole song)
The Hazards of Club Life
I've Got Time For You
Teal Pumas
Late Bloomer
AARP Punks
Shook Loose
Carp King
Gonna Keep On
I Been Trying So Hard
On The Front Foot
Riding In The Pocket of Time
My Remotes
Sizzlin' Drizzle
Rock and Roll Daydreams
Just Enough Hours In The Day
Frog In A Pail
Crater Kids
Living On A Locked Down Wing