Sunday, November 29, 2020

100 DAY POSTCARD CHALLENGE, DAY 100: STAND GOURD AGAINST MORAL ROT


Day 100 of 100 Day Postcard Challenge: 

Stand Gourd Against Moral Rot

Well, here it is, design 100, and a really bad pun to boot. I know everyone is full of bumpkin pie and this is really pushing it.

Anyone has any ideas about my next challenge, I am all ears.

100 days is really long. I was thinking maybe:

21 Day Poem Challenge
21 Day YouTube Live Acoustic Challenge (one song a day)
21 Day Prose Paragraph Challenge 
21 Day Print/Plot Sticker Design Challenge

What have I learned?  

It is fun to take the plunge every day without any big agenda. This is true in song and in poetry, too.

My graphic design skills are super primitive. Increased respect for actual skilled designers.

Tracing over photographs is fun and a valid way to make an image.

Importing vectors is fair play.

"I can't draw" has turned into "I CAN draw, but not all that great."

Photoshop Express filters are FUN.

There are still MANY brushes to explore and play with in Adobe Fresco.

I want to learn more about making pattern files--it's a technical skill and I don't got it yet, other than using Redbubble's patterning tools or Adobe Capture.

I do NOT understand masking functions in Adobe apps.  It confuses me, still.

I'm kind of still afraid of criticism but would like to take some classes and have an art mentor.

I'm not worried about staying engaged and creative in retirement.

Selling shirts, cards, and masks on Redbubble tickles me a great deal.  It's no way to get rich but it's a great way to see what is appealing, and put stuff out there without wrassling with subcontract printing, inventory, and fulfillment/shipping.